Washington Park was home to an orphanage for many years, At the start of its life as a park, it was host to a dizzying array of attractions, including bandstands and even swimming pools. When the Washington Park garage was constructed, hundreds of tiny skeletons were found. Hear their story on Cincinnati Ghosts.
Originally St. Paul’s Evangelical Church, it was once the oldest Protestant parish in Cincinnati. This building once had a steeple but was lost when the church caught on fire in late 1890. Once abandoned, the church started to decay, history dying with it. Its new life and purpose started in 2010. Most original features remain, including several spooky ghosts, including one with wings!
Built in 1842 as a stone mansion for Peter Ehrgott, who was an ardent supporter of the Cincinnati Symphony and the May Festival. After Ehrgott’s son, Louis’ death, the building became the Clyde Hotel and even a brothel at a time when the entire Over-The-Rhine neighborhood was in a state of disrepair. The hotel hides darker secrets, kept for over a century. It has been reported that in the late 1970s, a frequent guest checked in, but never checked out.